Capacitor Discharge Welding Machines
To satisfy market demands, ARO has extended its range of products by supplying capacitor discharge welding machines dedicated mainly to projection welding applications.
Categories: ARO WELDING, STATIONARY MACHINES
Capacitor discharge welding machines
This technology works by storing energy in capacitors which on discharging, release the current by very fast pulse. It is possible in this way to produce very high welding currents with a very low supply consumption.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS TECHNOLOGY:
No marking on the parts to be welded. Extremely short welding times (5 to 20 ms) minimizes heat build-up and prevents distortion and discoloration of the material.
- very high welding currents (up to 140kA) with a low power supply
- welding of high resistance steels (HLE, THLE, boron steels)
- welding of steels with high carbon content (>0.2%)
- No major modifications needed to your electrical supply (power outlet of 32A or 63A is enough!)
Ecological and Economical:
- no water consumption (machines are air cooled)
- very low electrical consumption (energy efficiency greater than 90% linked to energy concentration)
Simplicity of use:
- 2 parameters to be set: force and energy